…also. Help us tonight Lord, with the study of Your Word, that we may understand more assuredly what we are doing in these last days, Lord, and how it affects ourselves here, we ask these mercies in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
You may be seated.
[Brother Vayle comments on local issues]
Now, we want to go to the Word. I’m not going to read any special place at this particular moment, but I want to title this message ‘Looking at Some Scripture in a Different Way’. ‘Looking at Some Scripture in a Different Way’.
And sort of want to do this in order to explain how I teach and what I am doing. Now, this is a very honest statement, I am not a prophet.
And so therefore I do not have access to God in the manner that prophets do as pertaining to either receiving the Word of God, or receiving a revelation of the Word of God. Now, we’ll expand that.
One: Certain prophets as in Hebrews 1:1, received and spoke the Word of God unto the people. So we go back and look at that, it’s a quote that Brother Branham used a lot.
(01) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers [in] the prophets,
The Holy Spirit in the prophets spoke unto the people. And It was a special indwelling different from all other in-dwellings that accounted for this. Nobody else had this particular indwelling.
In fact Brother Branham mentions in this end-time how that It comes by the spirit of the prophet. Everyone of us could be full of the Holy Ghost as in the days of Moses when Korah, Dathan, Abiram rose up and prophesied, and some people were upset.
And he said, “Would God all the people were prophets.” But, no way. Moses had a unique ministry. Now, it wasn’t only that they were special in this regard as to a most specific special indwelling, but they were born a certain way.
Now, you go back to Jeremiah 1:4 will get It for us.
(04) Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(05) Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; [Now of course, that’s the Lamb’s Book of Life.] and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
(06) Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
(07) But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child:…
What’s the difference, if you’re five years old, or a hundred and fifty years old? Hasn’t got a thing to do whether you’re five years old or two hundred and fifty years old. See?
(07) …for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. [Now if he didn’t talk he had nothing to say, that is God, if God didn’t talk. And if God said something He had something to say.]
(08) Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
(09) Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. [Not the brain, but the mouth.] And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
There’s a big difference there. This is why Paul said he didn’t get this gospel, either of himself or from man. All right.
Number two: It was also prophets to whom the Word of the Lord was revealed or explained. Now we’ll start with one over here that’s just not too pertinent, but we’re going to use It anyway over in,
(01) Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.
(02) And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.
(03) And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.
Now, I’m starting with this of course, because It starts with a vision which was the Word of the Lord in symbol. But you’ll notice that God gave him the ability to receive the revelation of It.
Now, we’ll go a little further to,
(02) Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. [Now, you notice the high priest didn’t have the Word, the prophet, John did.]
(03) And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
(04) As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
(05) Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
(06) And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
Now, you notice what he was doing, he was living out and revealing by preaching what was said back there by Isaiah I suppose over four hundred years ago.
In Acts 2: you’ll notice Peter, apostle and prophet.
(16) But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
(17) …[it’ll] come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, old men shall dream dreams:
(18) And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
(19) And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
(20) [And] the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord [shall] come:
(21) And [it’ll] come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Now, you’ll notice in here that again he is revealing what is transpiring. He is revealing the Scripture concerning It. And reading on in 25-36.
(25) For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
(26) Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
(27) Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
(28) Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, [he’s] both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
(33) Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
(34) For David is not ascended into the heavens: but [David] saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
(35) Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
(36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom [you] have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Now, you can see that this is an absolute revelation of the Scripture, and of course it was the revelation particularly for that hour.
Going back to,
(07) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
(08) According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; unto this day.
(09) And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompence unto them:
(10) Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
(11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
(12) Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Now, again you’re seeing here that many a person may feel that he is able to relate Scripture, or to receive a revelation of Scripture, but you would have to be in a very specific category to be able to receive It in order to know that you were right. And of course we’ll discuss how others can take up that revelation later on.
Number three: These men had to be infallible and they knew that they were.
(02) [You] shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall [you] diminish ought from it, that [you] may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. [And again in…]
(18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
(19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(06) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
(07) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
(08) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
(09) As we said before, so say I now again, if any preach any other gospel unto you than [you] have received, let him be accursed. [With that…]
(36) What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
(37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
Now, you can see here that there is… the fact that these men were infallible and they knew that they were infallible, and as in the case of Paul he absolutely invited a challenge. Because he knew that God didn’t speak with a forked-tongue, was two-faced, a double crosser or a liar.
That the Spirit of God would have to say the same thing in every single prophet. That there could not be one Word of remiss under any condition whatsoever.
Number four: These men also stood here instead of Jesus. Go to Ephesians 4:20-21 and Paul speaking:
(20) But [you] have not so learned Christ;
(21) If so be that [you’ve] heard him, [Christ] and been taught by him, [Christ] as the truth is in Jesus:
In other words, God in this last day having spoken to us in the Son, anybody that thinks that’s the end of the prophets which many people today attempt to use Hebrews to show that the Son stopped speaking is purely, and I will not pull my punches a spiritual idiot and is no more full of the Holy Ghost than nothing.
Let’s just fact it, we haven’t got time to fool around, because It says right here, Paul preaching.
And he said, “You having heard me, heard Jesus, and we’re taught by Jesus.”
That’s a pretty heavy identification and that’s a pretty infallible ministry for anybody to have, but listen, if you’re dealing with God and eternal life, you’d better have something like this, or you better start looking for It. See?
Now, all other ministers of the Word had of necessity to get the revelation from one of these men.
So we go to,
(01) Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
(02) And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses,… [the things that thou has heard of me among many witnesses,] the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
Now, that’s how this is committed to the Church, to the five-fold ministry and the whosoever and that could be an elder, it could be fine men apt to teach within the Church, because they’ve got abundant knowledge, but the Word goes out from these men.
As Paul said, “The things you’ve heard of me.” He didn’t say, “The things you’ve heard down there is some synagogue or someplace.”
He said, “What you’ve heard from me you teach.”
Now, these men though not in a category of prophets could and did receive the effectual revelation of the Word. We see that over here in Ephesians 4: where the Church is put in order.
(10) He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.
Now, who was It that gave the revelation to the prophets? The Holy Spirit. Now, Who was It that came down? The Holy Spirit.
(11) And he gave some, apostles; prophets; [teachers,] evangelists; pastors…
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the [building up] of the body of Christ:
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, [even] of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
What is given in a measure in every age? The Holy Spirit in the Word. So, these ministries and ministers, they receive an effective revelation.
Now listen, and we should be careful. After the infallible Word came to Paul and he delivered It exactly as he received It, it was changed.
We go back to,
(08) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
(02) For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
(03) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
(04) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus,… [another gospel, and so on.]
Now, It was changed. Yet It could not be changed utterly. There was a root and a life in the root that must survive. That’s over here in 1 Corinthians 15: the gospel in a nut-shell.
(01) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also [you] have received, [even when] ye stand;
(02) By which also [you] are saved, if [you] keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless [you] have believed in vain. [Now, don’t get thrown there, just keep reading.]
(03) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(04) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(05) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
(06) After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present [day], but some are fallen asleep.
(07) After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
(08) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due [season.]
(09) For I am the least of the apostles, [for I] am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. [None of the other apostles did, you see. They were foundation of stones that were right in the beginning.]
(10) But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
(11) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach,…
Now, with that we can go back here to Book of…
(37) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
(38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and [you] shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.
Now notice how perfect that is with,
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted [or hoped in Him] Christ.
(13) In whom ye also [hoped] after that [you] heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that [you] believed, [you] were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
(14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
And Paul previously in those other verses has said, “In Whom we have redemption through His Blood the forgiveness of sins.” Saying the same thing.
So, what we see here then, there is a life within the root of the gospel which cannot change. And It survives regardless of what happens to It.
Now, that root is way back here in Isaiah 53: Now we’ll just take the one verse.
(10) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; [death on Calvary,] he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, [Now then, It tells you what’s going to happen.] he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
In other words, Ephesians chapter 1, is not going to fail, no matter what happens. Though all hell rages and a million people change this Bible there is going to be a Bride.
And there isn’t going to be one person in the Name of Jesus named in heaven and in earth, that’s not going to come together in the Millennium and finally after the White Throne in the New Jerusalem and those millions and millions of verdant acres out there where the people live and survive and then bring their glory in.
That’s not going to happen, no matter how desperate the situation is, there is no way that you will kill that Life within the root, which is the simplified predestinated plan of Almighty God, assured by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Now, Romans 8:28-30 gives us the same understanding.
(28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
(30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
What do we say to these things? Well, we say that God is sovereign and He’s going to have His will done regardless.
Now, alright, after 2 Timothy 2:1-2 comes 2 Timothy 3:1-17.
(01) [And] know [this], in the last days perilous times shall come.
(02) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
(03) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
(04) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
(05) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(06) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
(07) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
(08) Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. [Now, you notice at the end-time the most horrible onslaught of the enemy is turned on the Word. But It says,]
(09) …[they’ll] proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all, as theirs also was.
You know what that folly of Jannes and Jambres was? They couldn’t keep up with the Word. They couldn’t keep the Israelites from leaving Egypt, and they died in the plague of death back there, while Israel went on to the Promised Land. Had quite a job getting there, but Egypt didn’t get into it at all.
(10) But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
(11) Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
(12) Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. [Now, he’s talking about the end time, you better get ready for the squeeze.]
(13) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
I keep preaching. I preached twenty-four… twenty more years people are not going to believe that Eve was seduced, they got to think she was raped, any sweet talking rat comes along, all he’s got to do is talk sweet and don’t blame it on the women they’re just the type of the church, the men fall for it too.
Oh, they go wishy-washy, gushy-gushy. Never mind what the Bible said, just go to hell with the crowd be my guest. That’s why I’m tough, I know you don’t like my toughness, who cares? I’ll be honest with you, I care little what you think.
That’s what the Bible says, “Seducers.” Now I don’t sound like one, because I’m rougher than a cob. And I ain’t one, and I don’t intend to be one. I don’t care what anybody does. Come or go or anything else.
You’ve seen that happen recently, you’ll see more and more of it. I ain’t pulling the punches for anybody here, or any place around the country. Evil men are going to wax worse and worse, seducers, deceiving and being deceived. They got a game going on.
Now listen, I believe by the grace of God we’ve got truth and we’re growing up into the truth according to Ephesians the 4th chapter. These people are into a lie, and they’re going to get worse and worse, do you hear me?
I know some of you don’t believe it, you think you do, but you don’t. You really don’t, I’ll be honest with you. Come on examine yourself for God’s sake, be honest for once in your life, eyeball yourself. You’re nice, I just hope you’re not too nice for your own good.
Listen, this is the Word, we’re not dealing with some pink-ice-cream social out here, or something, or some manner. This is ‘Thus saith God’ in His Word. This is what’s going on.
Do you hear what’s going on? There’s a lot of people out there moving around that aren’t nice. Oh, they’re sweet as honey-comb.
(14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; [Get to know people.]
“Aw, he’s a lovely brother.” Don’t give me that cotton-picken’ nonsense, that’s where our trouble started years ago.
I listened to too many fat-mouth preachers. And too many people in the congregation, “Oh, he’s a lovely brother. He’s a lovely brother. Oh, he’s sweet. Oh, he knows the Message.”
Better check it out and find out if they do know the Message. Sit them down and talk with them.
You say, “Well Brother Vayle, you hate us as though you’re not to blame.”
“Oh I’m talking about my own experience honey, I’m not talking about yours.”
I’m talking about believing of a… word of report. A word of mouth. About deceived people, who come in to take over with their seduction. Check them out.
Too late in the day to fool around. “Why, [he said,] you know my life and you know the people that have been around me.” See?
(14) …continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom [not being assured, knowing of whom] thou hast learned…
(15) …that from a child thou hast known the holy [Scripture,]…
A lot of people figure they can just quote, quote, quote and they don’t need the Bible. Who said so? What did William Branham preach but this?
Because, if he preached another gospel, he lied about the vision that said, “We’re resting on the fact you preached what Paul preached,” “He just came back to tell us a bed time story.”
You better be careful. Go to your Scripture and find out.
(15) …[that’s] able to make thee wise… through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
How? Through this man Paul that was a prophet. And he said to Timothy, “I taught the Word of God too as applicable.”
Went into the Old Testament. Paul even had the power of God that go to the Old Testament and take two portions of Scripture. Two different versions and split them and bring them together, and Brother Branham did the same thing.
There’s no man living that can do a thing like that, unless he’s a prophet. Oh, you might illustrate and get away with it, but you can’t do it, see?
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Now there’s a perfection at the end time. Here is a perfection here, it’s reported concerning the end-time. Then 1 Corinthians 13 hold good, that there’s a prophet and a ministry and a people that’s one with that Word.
Oh, I like what Brother Branham said about that first Church Age the Ephesians the false apostles came to. And they said, “Hey, you’re a false apostle.”
They said, “What do you mean we’re false apostles?”
“Why, they said, you don’t say? now he say, “my that was flat.”
He said, “I’ll tell you why you’re false apostles, you don’t say what Paul said.” See?
Man of God may be perfect. There’s only one kind of perfection as far as I’m concerned in the Word here. I know people want this kind of perfection that kind.
The only thing I know in the Word of Almighty God, ‘perfect’ means ‘consummation’, Paul he stopped he finished, ‘you can’t add to it, you can’t take from it’.
That’s the way God is, that’s the way the Word is. God’s going to bring a people to that place, one with that Word.
Now, we’re going to read four more verses.
(01) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
(02) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; [other words there’s never a time when you’re flat down,] reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [Now, the Bible says there’s exhorter’s, I wonder where they’re at. That’s not five-fold ministry.]
(03) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts [pleasure] shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Now, if you don’t think that’s true, I can name you names and places, but I won’t do it, because I’m a little more of a gentleman than that. And you know the old… well I’ll just let it go at that. I’m not much of a gentleman. It be kind of nasty of me to name names, but I can do it.
And It says,
(04) …they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
You realize what a fable is? It’s a Aesop’s fable, it’s a little story with a moral. I don’t care two cents for morals. Give me eternal life and the morals will take care of themselves. Ain’t going to get anybody anywhere.
(05) But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
(06) For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
(07) I have fought a good fight, finished my course…
Brother Branham, I think always read those first six verses but he never ever went on to number seven. Wouldn’t tip the beans on himself, see? at the end-time. All these things are coming.
And notice, every single time It speaks of that squeeze coming down. Like one of those sweet, sweet preachers preached, and he said, “Why he said, the squeeze is over Brother Branham.”
Took that the time he met those three hundred ministers in Chicago. You talk about being stupid. I wonder how many people listen to him and believe him?
“Oh, he’s so nice.”
I’d even be ashamed to be around him so nice. Fap! Acts 20: I’m not against people being nice. What I’m against is this hypocritical junk.
(25) And now, behold, I know that [you] all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
(26) Wherefore I take you to record this day, I am pure from the blood of all men. [In other words, he’s free.]
(27) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. [Now, you know what kind of wolves they are. They are according to the Book of Matthew 7, wolves in sheep clothing.]
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. (Assemblies split right down the middle. The very thing God warns of.)
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
(32) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, [certainly that’s according to Ephesians,] and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
All right, these conditions prevail right up to the end. That is the deteriorating condition until we have at the end time as Brother Branham so clearly said, “The light glimmers, and actually finally goes out in the Laodicean age, the truth is completely gone.”
And it has to be, because it’s a matter of only of organization left. And organization cannot organize outside of a creed and a dogma. There’s no way, see, they just have the mere scrapings of the acid heads.
Now, these conditions prevail right up till the end, because from 1 Corinthians 11:23, the first part of It, I just use that little part.
(23) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you,…
Now, Paul did the same, the whole gospel that way. So therefore, from that, 1 Corinthians 11:23a to the restoration of the Word in Revelation 22:10 and in 18.
(10) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Now listen, let’s put it this way, whatever was sealed up in the Bible would have to be the most messed up of all doctrines in the whole Bible. Did you hear what I said?
Do you know why I said it? Because It was sealed up. It would have to guessed at and guessed at, until there could be no truth whatsoever left in the world concerning what those Thunders are, what those Seals are.
I want to ask you a question. Who’s going to know the Word of God at the end-time? There’s only one people going to know It. Not going to make us anything out of the deal, just a fact. See?
(10) …Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. [And in verse 18.]
(18) …I testify unto every man that [hears] the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add him the plagues…
And remember, this is written concerning the Sixth Seal and the Great Tribulation. So therefore there is a time when men absolutely will add to those Seals. They’ll have their own understanding.
I hope you’re listening Church here in Quincy. You’re called Church of the Living Word. I’m preaching Living Word tonight.
Are you getting what I’m saying without mentioning churches’ names and what’s going on around the country? And we’re talking about Thunders, we’re talking about Seals. Do I have to spell it out, well I’m not going to.
Now, restoration comes as is shown here in Revelation 22:10 and in verse 18 we’re right back to original and It comes by way of Revelation 10:1-7 with which you are familiar, when God Himself comes down and deals with a prophet. See?
Now, in other words, It deteriorates until it goes out in total darkness in the world, but It does come back to life for the Bride.
Now, this terrible condition going on and on until the end-time. But the revelation of the living root Word goes on through Seven Church Ages in spite of the deterioration.
Those chapters are chapters 2 and 3 of the Book of Revelation, and you’ve seen it many, many times. But just to go to chapter 2:25 will take this Word.
(25) But that which [thou hast you] have already hold fast till I come.
In other words, these people had a little bit and they could have lost it.
(04) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; [they’ll] walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(05) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;… [and so on.] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,…
Now, you’re seeing here that there has been a terrible time through the Seven Church Ages, but God’s will must prevail. Now, at least as long as Ephesians 1:13-14 holds good.
That’s the baptism with the Holy Ghost, holds good based on election. See, because Him that cometh will in no wise be cast out. And they’ll have to be filled with the Holy Ghost.
So, as long as Ephesians 1:13-14 holds good based on election there is the promise of the first-fruits, Resurrection of Isaiah 53:10, He shall see, you see, “He shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.”
No matter what comes, no matter how hard the situation, you saw it in the Church Ages. You saw it in the Seals, God has a Bride and He will lose none.
Now, in Romans 1: and what I’m doing is talking about this light. That’s what Brother Branham said in the ‘Bride Tree’, they cut out this, they cut out that. They cut out the other thing until there was just a stub left.
Then he said, “I will restore saith the Lord,” began to bring it back, and you had reformation, and you had gifts, you had the Holy Spirit coming and you had this, and you had that.
But now at the end-time the Word Itself is being restored, because it was the Word that was attacked. And it is the displacing of that Word, or the rejection of that Word that brings on the antichrist.
(01) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid [I’m] also an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
(02) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. [Know] ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,
(03) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
(04) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
(05) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Now, grace can never fail. Now let’s watch this, because I’m taking this portion on Israel and linking it right back with the general Scripture on all of us.
(03) …what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
(04) God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The faithlessness of man, the unbelief of man. And no matter what man tries to do with that Word there will always be a people who get the Word of Eternal Life no matter what the condition is, because there’s a place in that person, a Seed, and a place for that Word.
And when that Word strikes, I don’t care what… how minute that Word is, see, as long as the gospel speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ risen from the dead, giving Eternal Life and a rebirth to those that seek Him, there will always be those who will come in, and the Bride will not be bereft of even one member.
All right, there is a basic living revelation that nothing can destroy that hangs on, and produces Bride members through all Seven Ages. Only in ages one and seven do we have that perfect revelation.
And that perfect revelation comes only from God directly to men ordained to it. From there another specific or special ministry of the Spirit, which is vastly limited when compared to these others comes into play.
The five-fold ministry does not hear direct from God as pertaining to this most definitive perfect revelation, that only the great God of heaven can give.
As God bypassed the minds of the two messengers of ages one and seven, He does not do so with the five-fold ministry. There’s no way. It’s got to come to their minds. It’s got to come by hearing.
Then as It goes into the mind the Holy Spirit can move upon It with the Word and help those men to understand.
Now, they hear the truth, and they know it to be the truth. But they are getting it in a far less illuminating way when it comes to the deeper and more difficult revelation.
Now, let’s see what Peter says about it. Now Peter himself did not have any trouble, but Peter tells the people who do have trouble with revelation, which is difficult to apprehend.
(14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that [you] look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. [Now, that of course refers to what Paul said. That’s at the Parousia, the Apocalypses.]
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(17) [You] therefore, beloved, seeing [you] know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, [now he calls them wicked,] fall from your own steadfastness.
(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever…
So therefore, there is a difficulty to the listener, to the five-fold ministry. Certainly, but now listen and get this, there will be and is now a five-fold ministry fully ordained of God to not teach error. But they will teach the truth even though it is difficult.
In other words, they may have to bypass certain doctrine, but they will not be so foolish as to guess at it and try to build something just because that certain doctrine lies there. It won’t work.
In Ephesians 4:10-16, which we read, absolutely there is a five-fold ministry which is going to bring the Bride to a perfection. We read It. But we go to 2 Corinthians 4:1-7, and we read:
(01) Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; [Now, he’s talking about the ministry, if of the Word, through men like him, who literally will bring about the return to the image of Christ.]
(02) But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness,…
My God, I wish that every man that’s had this Message believed that and did it. I wish… I’m not standing here and telling you that I’m one of them that has. I’m here with enough guts to tell you it can be done that they’ll fool you.
Some men are dishonest, they care no more than nothing to lead you by the nose. I know preachers right to day that rip up homes, [blank spot on tape] I’m tired of this nonsense. Let men stand up and be judged by the Word of Almighty God.
(02) [I don’t know how many men] have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, [not] handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of truth commending [themselves] to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
We’re not talking about a perfect paragon of virtues here, we’re talking about men that are basically honest and decent. And if they make mistakes they’ll tell those mistakes what they have, but they try to be right.
There’s no man so smart outside of Jesus Christ that wasn’t caught in some kind of a trap.
But It said,
(03) …if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(04) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto [it.] [Notice It didn’t say, is God. It said, is the image of God. The image is not the same thing is it?]
(05) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
(06) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
(07) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power [I think that word is exousia, authority,] may be of God, and not of us.
And you notice in here, that Paul in bringing not only himself, but the rest of the ministry shows that there is positively the truth of Ephesians 4, that a five-fold ministry is capable of being outside the realm of error, and bringing a church and holding a church with the truth.
Now, there is a fully restored Bride of which the ministry is a part. Joshua in leading Israel over Jordan and establishing her, took himself over and established himself.
Now I’m not making Joshua a five-fold ministry, I’m illustrating. I’m illustrating.
As Moses brought the manna down, and ate the same manna that people ate, so Joshua took the people over and established himself.
There’s a ministry that needs establishing to establish a people. See?
All right, all this teaching brings me to one place and that’s to myself. That’s what this meeting is all about. I’m going to talk about Lee Vayle. Going to paint a beautiful picture as he’s a wonderful guy.
All right, I’m a teacher. Maybe pretty raunchy, but none the less a teacher. And I’ve tried to tell you on occasion how I teach and I’m going to go over it again.
One: First off I heard the prophet as did you, and do you.
Two: I was privately taught by him to some small degree.
Three: I was used by him to research and write for him which he corrected and passed upon as you know.
Four: I now teach, but the prophet is gone. However I have a gift, a special homing instinct relative to teaching what he taught by going in depth with the Scripture.
Five: I am not a prophet, so I can’t zero in on Scripture, form a knowledge of doctrine the way he did. I’ll illustrate what I mean. When the Angels came and taught the doctrine, he went right to the Word and can trace It right through.
Six: What I do as I become familiar with some of the doctrine, angels don’t come to me I got to hear the Word, taught by the prophet, I try to quieten down to let the Scripture come to my mind.
I’m not taught by a voice that says bang, bang, bang, bang. Vision, bang, bang, bang, bang. Go to your concordance line it all through, I don’t have that. I got to hear what he says, if indeed I am listening to what he says.
And then quieten down and see a Scripture, if It doesn’t begin to come to my mind. Then I begin to look in the concordance of course and various other sources to see where I’m going.
Now, I get a feeling for certain passages as I look at them. Sometime It breaks all over the place with a clarity and conformity that amazes me, but many times I just feel a pull to keep coming back to certain passages. It took me three years for…
(01) Therefore [having] being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(02) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(03) And not only so, we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
(04) …patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And there’s where I caught something. You start with hope, and you spiral to hope. So therefore, there is a hope and there is a hope.
What I begin to see here, looking at this and wondering, trying to catch it, study, preaching faith like a house on fire in a stormy day. I did too, knowing that something lay in here,
(05) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given… [Now notice It says here,]
(02) …we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
In other words, we rejoice in the earnest expectation of the veracity of God Who said certain things that we could have, or which would be our portion.
And then It says,
(03) …not only so, we glory in tribulations…
Tribulations sets in. Trials set in. But in those trials we know something nobody else knows, and that is we are learning to endure, because that’s what patience is.
Having the knowledge to stand, stand. And with patience comes maturity or character. And I begin to get the whole picture what God starts out.
And He said now listen, “I’ve got wonderful promises. I’ve got wonderful things here. I’ve got great and good things.”
And you say, “Lord, I want them all, I’ll come running.”
He said, “Hold it, I want something from you too.”
“Now what do You want from me?”
“I want character.”
“Well how do I get it?”
“Well, first of all I got to see you stand right there, and I’m going to try you before I give you those promises. I’ve got to have you stand there and throw the book at you if necessary.” See?
Now, the man stands there, he begins to get strong. And in that place there’s where he turns to a true character of God, or he keeps running.
My wife and I had that. I backslid on the [inaudible] I wouldn’t take the testing. We prayed the food on our table, I was above that. How many of you folk ever really honest to God prayed food on your table. Not one of you I suppose.
Let me tell you something, most blessed thing in the world to trust God. I spit in God’s face. Say, “I don’t want to trust God that way.”
Hear what I said? Are you getting steamed up tonight, or are you here like a bunch of dead dodo’s? Understand, men can trust God. I trusted God. If I stand here and say, when you stood where I stood and been, where I’ve been then [inaudible]. I don’t take any jazz from anybody. Yeah, I turned my back on Him.
But William Branham came by preaching to thousands. I saw the miracle worker of God and I knew I had to come back.
And I said, “God I will not fail if I die of it [inaudible]. Bill works at the Ford plant right now. Jim works there. Many a time I turned my Buick down old 117. I was going there to get a job… [inaudible], but I won’t turn my back on God again.
Let me tell you something, there’s a Word there, but you’re going to pay for It. You’re going to stand and get some maturity. You’re going to get some place here where you get some Christian character about you. See?
Not the kind of hogwash a lot of people are looking for your sweet cracked up jazz and stuff. I’m talking about a strength in there it’ll die, my God, if it needs to die. Get a character.
And It says there, then It said, “You spring to a hope.” Suddenly something’s behind you, and you’re walking down the road, and you still can walk down that road, you’re not afraid like you once were.
You know you’ll still get a knife in the back, you’ll get pains in your guts, you’ll get cramps if you try to trust God, but you know you can do it. Sure. Haven’t been tried you won’t know what I’m talking about it haven’t been tried yet. You’ve been tried to know a few things.
And It says, “Then the love of God the promise becomes yours,” The love of God begin to trim… flow into a man’s soul.
That took me three solid years going back and back to that Scripture. Three solid years in preaching. I’m not a prophet. I don’t understand the Word like a prophet.
I couldn’t go to God and say, “Oh mighty God, Heavenly Father explain these things.” But something in my soul impelled me to look, and to look, and to look, and I tried it, and I tried it, and I tried it. I knew I didn’t have it right.
But one day I saw It. Saw hope a spiraled to another kind of hope. Now, it’s not just an expectation written in the Book, but an expectation written in human flesh. Yes sir, there’s a big difference there.
Seven: I will see something in Acts 3:19b. We’ve gone through this many, many times. You know it’s one of my favorite Scriptures.
(19) …when times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
(20) [Even] he shall send Jesus Christ, [was appointed unto you Him that must retain.]
(21) …[until the] restitution of all things,… [and so on,]
(22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him [you’ll] hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
(23) And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Now listen, I knew in that verse right there in 23, that was not concerning Jesus Who died upon Calvary and rose again. It was only a mini tribulation.
Titus, in… what is it? 71 AD, ripping that city to shreds. Hundreds of thousands of people were killed.
Look it, but It says here,
(23) …that every [one, that] will not hear [will] be destroyed…
That did not happen. Then when is that prophet going to be raised up? Then from among the brethren, who is the mother? Who is the father? Who is the brother? Who the sister of Jesus Christ? Those that do the will.
Narrow it right down to the Book of Hebrews. “He will sing in the midst of the church.” These are my brethren, and they come from the same Source as I did and sing praise unto Almighty God for them. And I narrowed it down, I said, “I’ll tell you what William Branham was that prophet.”
And in the flesh that’s true. I put a little emphasis on him. I didn’t think him God for one minute, but the guy from Germany tried to make out that I did. At least I wasn’t sleeping with women. Yep!
I’m not just taking pot-shots, I’m sick and tired of nonsense. Because let me tell you flat there has to be a prophet at the end-time, for everyone that doesn’t hear him, that’s that Spirit of God when God’s His Own Prophet.
In the time of Elijah, Elijah the voice standing there, there’s coming a day when every man that doesn’t hear is going to die.
That never happened back in the days of Jesus Christ. It can only happen in the revealing of the Son of man, Who’s to come back as the King of glory in the day, but upon the Throne. Sure.
I stuck my neck out a little bit, but that doesn’t bother me. Why should it bother me? I can come right back and correct it. But I knew something was there.
But I didn’t understand that Brother Branham had said, “That God is His Own Prophet and the Lord Jesus Christ is Elijah of this hour.”
But I’m going to tell you it took me a long time, maybe over three years of pondering, looking until I saw verse 26,
(26) Unto you first God, having raised up… Jesus, [Christ.]…
And I realized right there where the prophet got It, that God never did appear to the Gentiles. God never did show to the Gentiles when He showed Israel. God raised up Christ first, then there’s got to be a second raise to the Gentiles.
You understand what I’m trying to tell you? I’m not a prophet. I don’t get things flashing in. Therefore, people can get pretty critical.
They say, “Brother Vayle, what about this, what about that?”
Don’t ask me, what about this, what about that? I’m not God, and I’m not a prophet. I’m just doing my best to try to get the Word. Sure, I’ll say some things one time, and I’ll have to say some things another time a little different.
Maybe, then finally after some longer time I’ll say, “Well, I can finally see It. It’s come together.” I’m telling you what’s come together here. It’s come together.
Romans 5 has come together. And I say without fear and contradiction, I could write a treatise right now, some theological works concerning some of the things I’m preaching here that have not been preached right for two thousand years, and nobody, but nobody knows those things except God showed it to me, by diligence looking at the Word of God with a gift given to me.
And there’s no church I believe under high heaven, right or wrong in your doctrine. Let’s get this flat, I don’t know if I taught you right. There’d be no church under God’s high heaven that knows what you people know sitting here, you do what you want with it.
No sir. I’m not a prophet. I’ve got a little teaching ministry. It’s just a little bit like Isaiah over here in the 28th chapter, and I’m not comparing myself, I’m illustrating, let’s get this flat. It’s on a tape I am illustrating.
(09) Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
(10) For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Now, that’s what my ministry is kind of like. I can see the broad outline of a doctrine of something standing here, but it doesn’t mean I’ve got “the line” and “the little” and the Word.
But if you see the doctrine that’s what counts. It’s to know something is standing there and then take a little time. Maybe make one or two mistakes even, what’s the difference?
Brother Branham said so truly, “That the Word will correct the error.” Just go ahead and do your best, see?
I don’t preach doctrinal error as far as I know, I just don’t get some points right and I have to change those little things that come in, and every so often I must line things up correctly.
But listen to me, Brother Branham said, “I have never changed my doctrine,” he said concerning himself.
And what about the fact that he changed the evidence of the Holy Ghost? What about the fact the white horse rider came out to be absolutely antichrist? He preached it two ways.
You say, “Brother Vayle, are you trying to make Brother Branham a liar?” No! I’m trying to show you something.
His doctrine was basically correct all the time, but certain points never lined up ’til the Seals. I’m not the prophet of the Seals. I’m just trying to learn a few things as time goes on. See?
Now, something else in Acts 3, I want to go back to it.
It says here,
(20) And [even] he shall send Jesus Christ, which [was] before [appointed] unto you:
(21) Whom the heaven must [retain] until the [restoration] of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Do you realize it’s only the last few weeks that I suddenly realized that that restoration had to do with whether Jesus could come back to the earth or not. It doesn’t have to do with anything else. That’s what he’s talking about.
“When times of refreshing shall come from the Presence of the Lord.”
That’s the sign you know it’s time for Him to return. But there’s something stopping Him. What is it? What’s stopping Him from coming back to this earth? The prophet brought it.
He said, “Back there in the days of Abraham, the days of Sarah, they couldn’t produce Him. They weren’t able to.” What did it? They were restored.
It’s going to take a restored Bride who fell by the wrong word to come back by the restored Word. And when that Bride is restored then He can come.
Listen, he said, “She is still to have a revival.” So today I see what the prophet said in the Word. “It is the Bride that has to be restored.” And She isn’t yet, but She is in process by the Word. See?
I preach what I believe was my personal knowing, the best I could from my heart. It was not perfect. My mind knew it wasn’t perfect, I knew I wasn’t getting this perfect.
But I wasn’t going to stop preaching It, because I knew somewhere in there as I kept preaching I’d begin to get the little points corrected, and It would begin to fall in line. Now It’s falling in line.
The same thing with 1 Corinthians 13:9. I looked at that so many times, and judging from Hebrews 12, how that he could read us like a book, it signified to me most perfectly that “we would know as we were known.”
And certainly we were known in such a degree that nobody could cease but marvel at it.
Now, that is going to come and there’ll be basically more in the Millennium and then on and on. I caught that what Brother Branham said one place, “That great knowledge of God will come more in the Millennium than any other place.”
But then, I began to realize that what do we know Him as? As the Husband. As Brother Branham said, “That Mate He had to come down and to appear that she would know her Mate the revealed Word.”
And God said over there in Hosea, “I no longer, because you call me Bali or Lord, but you will call me ‘Ishi’ which is Husband.”
Then, if He is the Husband, and Brother Branham said, “I don’t call you church anymore, I call you Bride.” Then we’re known as we know Him.
And how do we know Him? as Husband. So we’re no longer that which is disrespected that which is away from the truth, but we’re under the Bride-ship, the union of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Now, as I said, I knew in my heart and I wasn’t getting that just right, I knew that it was impossible literally for us in human flesh here to get a revelation of that depth which would be consummate, but I knew we’d get a mighty good one.
But I may be stumbling and stuttering over the Logos and may never preach It in this church, and may never preach in any church, I’m looking at It, and I’ll keep talking about It. If it never breaks, I know one day over yonder if I get there It’ll break. See?
Now, I cannot do otherwise, the doctrine is there, the precepts, but certain lines wavering, jots and tittles refuse to surface. But you notice how I keep coming back to line up all the time a little closer.
It’s the best that I can do, if it’s to be any better I’d have to be a prophet, or my ministry would have to develop into a depth that I know not of.
Now, I’m greatly blessed with a spirit of prophecy. Now I don’t want you to think I’m trying to talk about myself tonight, but look, I’m explaining myself and going through this so you’ll understand, because you’ve got to understand I am not infallible of myself.
I can make mistakes, I will not make glaring mistakes. I’ll come back and correct those mistakes. If there’s anything in there that’s at least a bit out as far as I can understand, but there’s a spirit of prophecy.
Back in 1953 in August, Brother Branham said and I’ll read It to you over here in Revelation 19: I have never said much about this, because I don’t intend to.
Now he said here,
(09) …he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. [Now that’s your context.]
(10) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus [Christ:] worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
In August Brother Branham said, “I saw Brother Vayle, I saw you coming, there’s a flame of fire over your head It’s called ‘the spirit of prophecy, that’s a testimony to Jesus Christ’.”
I was told of that in August 1953. I don’t think it actually surfaced until January 28th, that could be the day, 1958 in Waterloo, Iowa, where a bunch of Canadians came down and there that spirit upon them made the voice of Brother Branham declare verbally to me and others in that building that he was the Lord Jesus Christ incarnated.
Now listen, and I said merciful God what have I got into, this man thinks he’s Jesus Christ. When we left the meeting everything seemed fine.
Next night it was the same spirit in the building driving me out of my skull until the two tape boys said, “Lee, do you know that this Sothmann and Simpson and these people from Canada have made William Branham the Lord Jesus Christ?”
So I said, “Oh, that’s where it came from eh?” I went to Brother Branham and said, “Brother Branham do you know that those men have made you the Lord Jesus Christ?”
He said, “Yes Brother Vayle, and also they have struck a medal or will strike a medal saying ‘William Branham is the Lord Jesus Christ and baptize in my name’.”
I said, “Brother Branham I love you, but you are not the Lord Jesus Christ, you’re just a good friend of mine.”
I said, “You did not die for my sins, Jesus did.”
He said, “That’s right Brother Vayle.”
From that moment on there was no voice ever speaking in a meeting at any time making William Branham other than simply William Branham prophet of God.
But I’m trying to tell you this, the testimony to Jesus Christ by a spirit does not allow something way out here in the universe running around this way and that way, or taking preeminence from Him Who’s the ‘All together lovely’ One here tonight that I’ve preached so hard all these times, and time after time, until hardly there’s none of you don’t know the subject. Go out there they don’t seem to want it.
That is that spirit of prophecy which was given unto me for this hour. I have an overwhelming desire at least some of the time to see that He receives glory. And I’ve preached along that line as Brother Branham taught us so surely in ‘Christ the mystery of God revealed.’
First comes revelation, then comes pre-eminent. And then there comes a Garden of Eden, but until He is made preeminent how in the world can anybody get anywhere?
Brother, sister, do you hear me tonight? Are you making Him preeminent? Not with your thoughts of what back is some organization, or your little tiddly-wink ideas of some little matter of consecration, but really making Him preeminent. See, that’s what really counts.
Now, I hope He gets all the due glory that He is to have.
Now, along these lines I want to bring up something else, and that is along the line how I preach, that I do say things that you might not agree with. They don’t spell out just how you see it the way the prophet said it.
And I don’t argue with you, because you’ve got a right to every single thing you want to believe, because I am not your conscious and I do not stand here as an infallible person, or some authority even, who is able to do some certain thing for you.
Because it’ll take the Holy Ghost regardless, and God can even take Balaam’s jack-ass, so then there’s hope of course for me.
Now, I have made much of Hebrews 5:5-10. Now, here’s some more Scripture we’re going to go into and I’m going to talk about, because It could be misunderstand, in fact God showed me recently It was misunderstood by people, so I’m going to talk about It.
As soon as He showed me I got a letter. I want you people to know that God… I can prove in this audience here, I hear from God. Is that right Gene? Gene knows as no man knows. If you don’t know and don’t understand I prayed Jim that night I phoned, and I said, “Will you ask me to preach if I come?”
And he said, “No.”
Is that right Gene? Get this straight, I don’t think I’m some crystal-ball, you come to me for answers. God in heaven be merciful, I’m not trying to tell things like this.
I’m trying to tell you about my ministry. Don’t depend on it as though it’s a breath of Almighty God, I’m a human being. There’s problems with the things that I say, but if there’s some way that I can help when it comes to teaching I’ll try to do it.
Now listen in,
(05) So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
(06) As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
(07) Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
(08) Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
(09) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
(10) [Saluted] of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Now, I want to tell you something: I looked at this Scripture here and I see where Jesus Christ descended on high. High Priest, saluted of God a Priest after the order of Melchisedec.
And my statement was, and I’m not going to take it back to any great degree, but I’d sooner you just kind of forgot, they screamed Melchisedec.
Now, Brother Branham distinctly said in one place, “That Jesus was not Melchisedec, because Melchisedec didn’t have father nor mother. Jesus had a father and mother.”
Now listen, page 24.
Who is this Melchisedec 02-21-65
 …Now, notice. Now, we see Melchisedec and why Mary wasn’t His mother. [He’s talking about Jesus.] That’s the reason He called her woman, not mother. He had no father, He was the Father, the Everlasting Father, the three in One. He had no mother. Certainly not. He had no father, for He was the Father.
Now, who is he talking about? He’s talking about the One that was incarnated. But the point of the matter is, then Who was the incarnation?
 …And this Melchisedec became flesh. [Now, who was that?] He revealed Himself as Son of man when He come as a Prophet.
Now, who is it? Now he said he wasn’t Melchisedec, and he was Melchisedec.
 …That Melchisedec was flesh, represented Himself in a human body; then later He was made flesh. [Now what’s he talking about?] And tonight He’s the same, yesterday, today, and forever…
Page 14, paragraph 68,
 Melchisedec was the Priest, but He became Jesus Christ.
I don’t care how you look at it, I sooner you forgot that I’m seeing something there that maybe somebody else doesn’t see. Just go back to the Word, and find out heaven screamed “Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchisedec,” and don’t worry about what he was. See?
Now, make no mistake about it Melchisedec that appeared to Abraham two thousand years before the birth, Jesus birth was the One Who indwelt Jesus. And tonight that same One is here is Spirit again.
Now, I brought that out fully when I preached ‘Simplicity Series’ in ’76. That’s one of the mysteries of the end-time, that when He was here on earth as a theophany, that was a body of the Word which you and I bypassed, we don’t get it until we die and we go to it.
We take up a body of flesh and forget what’s over there, but then later on we pick it up. In the Rapture we join it, and Brother Branham called it, “The body of the Word.”
So therefore, he could have said, “In the beginning was the Word, the Logos, the concept which appeared in Melchisedec.” And then that was the body of the Word. So therefore, the Word and the body, the Word became flesh.
Let me ask you a question. Who was It? See? I’m not trying to get you confused, I can be just as confused as you are in the subject.
(19) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
(20) Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Now, your union gets in trouble, so the law says pick a mediator. So, okay, bring in a mediator. How many groups of people? Three.
When you talk of mediators, there’s got to be three people concerned. Two of them are at logger-heads and one fellow trying to adjudicate. Right?
Now, It said, “God was His Own adjudicator.” So there weren’t three parties, there was two parties. And God gave in to man, God was reconciled to man, and man became reconciled to God in the Person of Jesus Christ.
Then Who was Jesus when He died? The Blood of God. Then Who was He when He arose? That same Mediator!
Do what you want with it. But this last while I was bringing out one thing that people failed to understand, and that had to do with subjection.
And that subjection has to do with 1 Corinthians 15:. All right,
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his [parousia].
(24) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
(25) For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [Now, I showed you by Scripture that that’s very confusing that God is putting everything under the feet of Jesus. Now,]
(26) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
(27) For he hath put all things under his feet…
Now, the word ‘put under’ and under the foot and foot-stool actually means ‘in order’.
Now, what I’m trying to show you here, at the Parousia, remember that’s the time was specifically we’re interested in, is not in June 11, 1933, but in March 19 to 24 of 1963, when the constellation of angels came down, and the Mighty Messenger Himself put one foot on land and sea, and came into the Church to reveal the Seals.
At the time the sealed Book in heaven, the Book of Redemption, was placed in Jesus’ hands and he ripped the seals off, He climbed on the Father’s Throne. Previously He was on the Mercy Seat. [the audio recording duplicates from 1:16:35 (time) to here 1:18:42]
Now, it doesn’t matter, because Melchisedec is King and Priest, but Jesus was not King per se as Melchisedec. He wasn’t fulfilling that order until He climbed on the Throne.
Now, what is happening since then? God having come down to begin to bring the Church right back into the proper subjection to Himself. Now, let’s get this word ‘subjection’ right. People misunderstand me. Preachers misunderstand me.
A brother got on the phone one night and said, “What are you preaching these days?”
Well I said, “I’m just thinking about this thought here.”
And when he preached in another man’s church he did not preach what I’ve got in mind. Let us understand it, he did not preach what I got in mind, because he was looking at a human subjection which I have no fuss with, but human subjection will not do what I’m talking about. God is doing this.
Now we started this back in 1980. The 11th chapter is what God started me talking to you about.
(01) Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
No way could any man say follow me as I follow Christ, because it can’t be done on the electroactive basis. No way! Got to be done by a precept, and He went to the Word.
Now, “Keep the Word, He said, that I gave you.”
(03) [I’d] have you know, that the head of every man is Christ;…
You believe that? I ask you a question: “Is there any straining to it, or is it a fact per se?” What if it did strain? What if it did strain? Does it change it? No way. Let’s go on.
(03) …the head of the woman is the man;…
Is that a strain? Yes, you women! You having a job with it, and you men are having a job too. And you know why? Cause you simply got the wrong attitude. He’s not talking about that kind of subjection. That’s not what’s going on.
I want to tell you something, I don’t care what any woman says. Or you can have that new judge. You can have the whole country run by a bunch of prostitute women. Who cares? Go ahead.
Ain’t going to change the fact, man’s the head. Not for a fight, not for a down grading, but don’t you see what’s happening? Christ present, everything now aligns with Him.
Now, what happens when you get a central gear? And that’s the gear everything aligns with. The drive shaft, there’s got to be a pulley or some running it, a gear running it, or something. It’s got to be there.
Now then what causes trouble? Broken cogs, gears out of alignment. I’m trying to get you to understand here this evening, when we talk of subjection, God has brought in here in order that we align with Him, and everything is in alignment. It’s coming in.
You can’t have one thing to do with yourself, you’ll never make it work on your own. It’s something that God is doing, putting everything in the divine order. Why? Because power and authority is of Him, and there is no [inaudible] that is not in obedients to Him, if He turns the hearts of kings, whether Israel, at rivers of water how much more in a Bride?
As Brother Branham said, “When that Holy Ghost in a person you don’t have to fight anything, the body just agrees with and goes along.”
We are in that position, we’re looking at now. A divine order, not something you and I are striving for, though that might not be too bad for its own merit, I wouldn’t fuss at that too much, but It says here, “That God is bringing everything in divine order.”
And the divine order started with the Parousia, and let me tell you women, whether you want it or not you might as well just admit and understand in divine order, the male is the head, the same as Christ is the Head of man.
Christ is the Head of the Church and that God is doing this thing by His Spirit with a pervasiveness. There’s no way you’ll ever tell me that you’re going to do this thing on your own. It’s something that God is doing. You see?
Now, this is what I was talking about in the Melchisedec idea. He’s here, Melchisedec, Holy Spirit, the High Priest after the order. He’s got the Father’s name. He’s got the Father’s title.
I don’t care what title He’s got, I don’t care what name He’s got.
Brother Branham said, “When He incarnates Himself back in that One, He’ll be the Lily of the Valley, the Rose of Sharon, the Bright and Morning Star, the Mighty God, Everlasting Father,” every part of It, He’s Melchisedec. No problem.
Now, as we were saying, He climbed upon that Throne. Many people say, “Well mercy must be over.”
That hasn’t got a thing to do with it. He’s still the High Priest, but He’s King. And the temple does not fill with smoke until the 144,000 come in, they’re sealed and full of the Holy Ghost.
So, we’re talking about a corner that was turned. We’re talking about something that’s gone on in this hour however, and people don’t know they’re still talking little… well, let’s get back here to Hebrews the 6th chapter and begin to see these things.
(01) [They’re] leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, [on the Melchisedec principle, we’re going to] perfection; [1 Corinthians 13] not laying again foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
(02) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
What if those things are passed? The last one’s in. Now you’re really going on to perfection. How you’re really going on? How is it being done? Only by the Spirit of Almighty God, there’s no other way.
I didn’t bring Him down. I didn’t tell Him to bring a message. I won’t tell Him to raise the dead. I won’t tell Him to make the Rapture. I won’t tell Him anything. But He’s here doing It. See? And all things are falling in due line to Him.
Oh listen, one of these days that Spirit is going to strike this place here. That sweet Spirit goes through this building, you’ll know what I’m talking about. You might not know now, but you’re going to know.
Let me tell you something that get off my heart let you know now brother/sister, too long we’ve had our eyes on what’s going on out there.
This terrible thing happening, that terrible thing happening, and I’ve told you maybe sometimes regaled you, because your hearts are as rotten as mine concerning the rotten things going on. But I want to tell you, we’ve had our eyes off of those things that are going on for the glory of God.
If I just last week get my eyes opened to the truth of what He’s really doing in the Bride, and I say that’s the thing to get your eyes on, because that’s the thing that’s going to take you away. They had their eyes on the wrong thing, that’s the whole trouble.
All right, we’re going to talk about the Parousia, that’s another place there’s a bit of a problem.
I’ve warned you and told you that in those words, those words belong to His Presence here, to the raising of the dead, to the Rapture, to the Wedding Supper, to the coming back, to actually the Millennium, going on to the White Throne, going on to New Jerusalem. Sure, we know that. Absolutely, it’s started. That’s what Revelation 10:5-7 is all about.
Now, but there is a word that I want to bring to your attention again, because someone will bring it to your attention, it’s on the tape. It’s the ‘Epiphaneia’, when it comes to the lightning, I think that’s the word perhaps.
(27) …as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west;…
Now, seven or eight sermons ago maybe, maybe not quite, I used the thought of lightning to simply mean a bright and shining, as an exceedingly bright lamp when it’s lighted.
And I got that from Dr. Vine whose opinion was that that is more the idea than a rapid flash of heavenly light, and of course, Brother Branham himself said so. But actually, we perhaps cannot compare it to a lamp.
Now looking at the Greek, I’m going to take the Greek word for it ‘lightning’. Astrapí, lightning, bright shining. That’s what it really means. ‘Bright shining’. It’s taken from ‘astraptó’, it means ‘to flash as lightning’. It doesn’t say it is lightning, said it flashes as lightning.
Now, and that word is taken from ‘asteri’, which means ‘a star’. So it comes from star, then it talks about lightning. Something that flashes bright.
So you can see right there the idea is about illumination and illumination from heaven, because that’s where stars are, that’s where lightning is or anything flashes that way. And remember, it’s lightning that sets off the thunders. Sure.
So, here is really the light that was in the east, comes west to bring illumination which brings the thunders. It’ll be the Son of man that does it, the prophetic ministry once on earth and for the last time is here again.
It is a geographical thing more than anything else, that is when it says lightning east to west. Because it simply means as Brother Branham said it so beautifully, “The same Light in the east has come to the west and It will return to the east.” It’s gone the round.
So, whether we talk about a bright light, or a flash, or a star, or a comet… star flashing. The idea is exactly as the prophet stated. “As light moves from east to west, and the same sun that rose in the east now sets in the west”.
So we see the original Light that came under Paul and he forbidden to speak, some of it now comes forth as Revelation 10:1-10. The same Christ that was there to start the revelation is here to end it.
The same God that manifested and proved and revealed Himself has done It again as He said He would in the gospel, and then further reveal by His holy prophet.
So you see what this Message is all about. I want you to understand that as things get clear to me I will pass them on. But I can’t wait for the clarity of a prophet. I hear the prophet and then I go to the Word, and I see if the details begin to fall in line.
Not all of those details fall in line the way they should. I can know, and I believe you can know instinctively that there’s some little thing that’s just not jelling.
All I’m going to say to you is this, don’t worry, if God wants us to have the perfect clear revelation it’ll come somehow, somewhere in a five-fold ministry to the people don’t worry. It’s got to.
In the mean time, this one thing, the only prophet since the time of the apostle Paul that the Gentiles will know anything about has come and gone.
And if he does come back to tell you something, and no doubt he will, what he does say will be about the Kingdom. There’s no doubt about that, because that’s exactly what It says about Jesus. He told them things concerning the Kingdom.
Whatever he did as miracles in a ministry was perfectly fine, I’ve got no fight with it, but it isn’t going to do anybody too much good. It’ll be encouraging, it’ll be wonderful. It won’t be something to be guessed at.
But here’s the thing: I don’t know what’s going to happen. But I’m saying this: If you have to have a prophet, you’re going to have to wait until the prophet gets back in the Resurrection, because you’ve seen your last prophet outside of William Branham.
That he’s got a son means only one thing, he’s got to preach the very same gospel.
And when Paul said, “If any man believes himself to be a prophet or spiritual,” that means a man full of the Holy Ghost, he put that prophet and the born again man on the same par, the same stand. They would both admit without any trouble of what was the truth of Almighty God.
There are those who are looking I suppose for something in the line which would make them to understand this Word in a more infallible way.
I don’t say that someone couldn’t come along and do a whole lot more than I and the rest of the brethren are doing, but I will say this, don’t expect me to do any better, unless God gives me something to do better with.
Because I simply don’t have the ability that a prophet has. I’ve got no way to go to God and get an answer. Every now and then something strikes my path. Every now and then I know something within myself, and then I begin to go to the Word, but I’m not a prophet.
There’s no five-fold minister, there’s is no person full of the Holy Ghost, there is not one of us who can compare to a prophet. All we can do is take what he said as infallible, which it is.
To understand it, if you want to get me upset and ready to throw everything to the four-winds, just hand me the manuscript on ‘The Feast of the Trumpets’, it’s all it takes, and I can go plumb out of my mind.
I don’t even know what hes talking about for page after page. I haven’t got the least idea. I’ll be honest with you. I just read it this morning again, going to sit down and going to sit there again for a while.
I don’t say he said wrong, I just don’t follow it. I know he said he made a couple of slips of the tongue. I don’t know if he said what those slips were.
I know he put the sealing of the 144,000 between the Sixth and Seventh Seal. I think he said it that way, but that’s just the way it was in the Bible; in the chapters in the Bible, not as a matter of chronology.
Did you know that the Sixth Seal actually runs parallel with the Fourth? I didn’t know that until a few weeks ago. I’m not a prophet. I know so little it’s pitiful.
I wish I could say as Brother Branham, when the fellow said to him, “You know, he said, you don’t know your Bible.”
He said, “But I sure know the Author.”
If I could even just say that. But you know, I suppose we know Him to the intensity and degree that we need to know Him at this very hour. And if we need to know Him more, which we know we do, that’ll come too.
But you follow what I’ve said tonight? I have to say certain things. I will say them. Because something is here that lets me know that I’m on the right track. It’s something like those crazy coon dogs that follow a coon, they know they are on the right track and they yelp their fool heads off.
But they know stinking well they’re not even near him. They just caught the scent of something. I’ll do the same thing in preaching. I know that I’m on to something.
I know there’s something there, and you may find me going up the river bank into a swamp, climb over a few hollow logs and even try to climb a tree on you. But I’ll come down and get back in the scent again. You follow what I’m trying to tell you?
I am not a prophet. You will hear me change little things, but to this point I haven’t to my understanding, except on manifestation of sons. I just let that go plump and plain forget it.
Once in a while a thought comes, I’m not interested unless God just really brings it to my attention. But outside of that, I know of no major doctrine that has had a major change.
And I say, if anything comes up like tonight, I’ll try to warn you, I’ll try to help you, but this clears the record of everything I believe, that I have ever taught in this Church that needs looking into under any consideration, and I have preached here many sermons over a goodly period of time.
And the corrections have not been serious under any consideration, but it has been the proper placing and the correct understanding which I think, and I hope is a pretty good percentage.
Heavenly Father we thank You tonight for the privilege of coming together, maybe preaching hard, too hard, maybe rougher than necessary to clinch nails.
But, Lord, I haven’t done You any favors or any service, least I’ve done myself one to make myself clear, Lord, and a position here that I am not anyone of any type of infallibility, or any authority whatsoever, even with gifts and those things that the prophet identified, because I’m not a prophet.
Lord, I don’t aspire to be one, but Father, I do aspire and it would sure have to be You, Lord, I’m too lazy, I’m too perverse, I’m too everything which is certainly not nice.
But I would hope, Lord, that somehow by Your grace that You would help me, to be a much more dedicated and a much more correct teacher of the Word of Almighty God. Much more beneficial to the people, so it’s not simply a matter anymore, Lord, of setting forth a doctrine which we know is good, and which is fine, is very necessary.
But Lord, it becomes more like the prophet himself was able to inject into what he was teaching. That life, Lord, that lies in us, the pervasiveness of Jesus Christ, that manifestation, Lord, that created something fresh and deep and great within the people.
And sent them, Lord, moving on into higher realms, and deeper dedication. More into that depth, Lord, of what some will call ‘the sea of the unknowing’. Not really understanding, but knowing something lies there so rich and so great and they’re a part of it. The simplicity of a child, that could be what we really want when it’s all boiled down.
And Lord, we pray that You’ll help us. Be gracious my God, loving kind to each one tonight. Forgive us of all of our sins, Lord. Heal us of all our diseases my God, especially, Lord, rid us of enticing spirits.
Teach us how to turn and walk away from our complexes and those other things, Lord, which are obnoxious. To give us more of a love and a unity in our homes, so that there’s no longer a spirit of rising up, but a spirit of sweet sorrow, desire that… it just mustn’t be.
In a church, Lord, that sweet pervasiveness coming in more and more amongst us, which we believe is coming already, where the gift as it were, could be on the shelf and the people receive the benefits of divine grace.
Oh God, tonight there’s necessities amongst us. And we know that there could be a billion worlds needing a billion attentions and You’re bigger than all the billions of worlds with billions of attention.
Help us therefore tonight, Lord, to look to You, and see our needs met. You’ve been doing it all along. Lord, if anyone ever had his needs met, I’m sure that person.
If anyone ever been blessed, Lord, and I don’t claim needs met above others and blessings above others, but just talking for myself, Lord, I’ve got to it, witnessed to it, and thank You for it. And admit Lord that I am remiss in not receiving much, much more from the bountiness of the bountiful God.
Lord, never let me forget those paths that must be trod. Those paths, Lord God, that bring on strength and character that can only be developed in the fires of endurance of a trial.
Until our hopes spirals to a hope, and the love of God comes down like a blanket. Lord, it sounds like the end of the day when Abraham met with Melchisedec.
We know there’s a Millennium coming, but we know Lord, that this life, short, fleeting as it is has many Melchisedec meanings after the battles, cool of the day, God ministering, there His love blanketing us.
And we knowing as we’ve… not known previously and every time going on to higher heights. Lord God, we’ve lost so much of that in this Laodicean age. Help us, Lord. Help us. Let us not be victims O God.
I don’t know, Lord, if we’ve got the gumption to say, “Strip us oh God, until there’s nothing left but Thyself.” We know… I believe it’s going to come anyway. Not trying to be premature.
No, we wouldn’t want to be premature, Lord. But help us to be mature, so when the hour comes we credit ourselves like men and women of God, children of Christ heroes of faith, and whatever is necessary. Either walk to our death, or walk into transformation bypassing death to immortality, whatever it be.
Help us, Lord, because we want it. Now thank You for hearing us and with thoughts of grace, Lord, we believe that the answer has begun.
And now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the Only wise God, be all power in honor and glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
‘The Lord bless you.’